HOW YOU CAN HELP SPREAD THE WORD
WITH THE CORPORATIZATION AND CONCENTRATION OF THE MEDIA, GETTING THE MESSAGE OF AN ETHANOL REVOLUTION INTO THE PUBLIC SPHERE HAS BECOME NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE. A COMPLETE AND TOTAL WALL HAS BEEN ERECTED AGAINST ANY POSITIVE STORIES ABOUT ETHANOL, BUILT BRICK BY BRICK IN A MONTHS-LONG RELENTLESS CAMPAIGN BY THE AMERICAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE. WE NEED TO DEPEND ON PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF TO GET THE WORD OUT ON A GRASSROOTS LEVEL, PERSON TO PERSON. IT’S TIME WE SHARE WHAT WE KNOW, ORGANIZE TO BRING IT ABOUT—AND THEN WE WIN.
By now, you realize that the design and implementation of an energy revolution using small-scale ethanol production is simple common sense—and at the same time a radical departure from the way corporations and government currently do things. You know that MegaOilron historically stops at nothing to make sure that the public perception of ethanol is tightly managed. But you now know the truth and can’t be swayed by their propaganda. It is truly up to us citizens to make the change.
In the 1970s and ’80s, I had little trouble making myself heard in the media. I made over 750 radio television and print appearances on the subject of ethanol—and that was without a book published! At the time, there were still vestiges of a diverse free press.
Well, times have changed, and with the corporatization and concentration of the media, getting the message of an ethanol revolution into the public sphere has become next to impossible. While promoting a workshop in Fall 2007 in Chicago, I was unable to get even one radio, television, or newspaper appearance despite literally hundreds of person-hours of work by the media team sponsoring the workshop. A complete and total wall has been erected against any positive stories about ethanol, built brick by brick in a months-long relentless campaign by the American Petroleum Institute.
We need to depend on people like yourself to get the word out on a grassroots level, person to person, by email, blogs, letters to the editor, or by lobbying your local librarian or hosting a gathering at your home to get out the word.
This time around, the revolution will not be televised. This time, the revolution starts with a whisper. It’s time we share what we know, organize to bring it about—and then we win. On the next page are some ways to circumvent the wall of silence, to pull the public discourse on ethanol back, away from MegaOilron, and bring about the solar-based future we need to survive as a species.
Tell People about Us
- Share, download and distribute flyers and Fact Sheets—and David Blume’s 14-Point Plan for U.S. Energy Independence—from our alcoholcanbeagas.com website: for your bookstore, library, bulletin boards, friends, and associates.
- Like and share our pages and posts on social media: See us on our Whiskey Hill Farms accounts on Facebook, Instagram, X, and YouTube (and on the website whiskeyhillfarms.com where, among many other things, we sell our exotic organic produce and arrange lodgings on our farm).
- Email your friends to tell them about the book and our alcoholcanbeagas.com website.
- Link from your website to our website.
- Say nice things about us on your blog.
- Check out our press room. Share the video and audio clips there.
- Write letters to the editors of newspapers, magazines, and online editorial arenas.
- Post reviews and rate us on websites for Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell’s, etc.
Host a Home Theater Party
- Show the Alcohol Can Be a Gas! DVD or video to a gathering of your friends or other interested folks.
- Share collateral materials we’ll provide.
- Arrange for a live call-in question and answer session with Dave Blume after the presentation.
Let Us Hear from You
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write us at 371 Calabasas Road, Watsonville, CA 95076 USA.
- Visit us by appointment or via our many activities and events.
- Let us know what you think of Alcohol Can Be a Gas! We want your feedback.
- We want to hear your alcohol-fuel-related ideas, plans, and stories and share them.
- We want to share your conversion, still-building, and byproduct business experiences for our newsletters and website. Each of these areas will get their own forum on our website.
- Let us know of people, organizations, reporters, publications, TV shows, anyone or anything you think might help get the word out.
Help Make the Ethanol Discussion Honest
- Bust the myths! Download the (Busting the Ethanol Myths Fact Sheet from our website.)
- Correct misinformation (disinformation) whenever and wherever you see it, especially on social media and talk radio—and make sure you mention alcoholcanbeagas.com.
- Dedicated letter writers: Help us flood editors when they permit bad, inaccurate stories about alcohol fuel to run in their publications. We can provide you with text to use in your letters, so we’ll have a rapid, intelligent response team to fight back against the American Petroleum Institute propaganda machine.
- When you have one to five hours per week or a chunk of time that you’d like to volunteer, please contact us. We’ll give you interesting, educational, and entertaining volunteer work that really will make a difference.
Buy from Our Online Shop
- Send books and DVDs to your friends.
- See products we like.
Influence Influential People
- Send copies of Alcohol Can Be a Gas! to influential people for half-price.
Attend or Host One of Dave’s Workshops
- Enjoy all the benefits of Dave’s life-changing, full-day, alcohol-fuel-related presentations.
- Tailored to the needs of the audience.
- In “cash or kind.” Tax-deductible. Financial contributions are always needed, as are materials and human energy.
- Subscribe to our newsletter and get on our mailing list.
Plus, Of Course
- Start a community-supported energy co-op.
- Ask for ethanol at the pump.
- Convert your car.
See Our Website’s “Get Involved” Menu
- Learn more about ways you can help spread the alcohol fuel revolution.