With Bill Mollison.
Permaculture helps people turn wastelands into food forests.
112 minutes – Color – Grade Level: 7-12, College, Adult.
“Mollison provides practical and motivating information… Recommended.”
– Rachel Lohafer, MC Journal
BILL MOLLISON is a practical visionary. For nearly two decades he has traveled the globe spreading the word about permaculture, the method of sustainable agriculture that he devised. Permaculture weaves together microclimate, annual and perennial plants, animals, soils, water management and human needs into intricately connected productive communities. Mollison has proved that even in the most difficult conditions permaculture empowers people to turn wastelands into food forests.
GLOBAL GARDENER is a series of four half-hour programs on one tape. Each episode looks at examples in different bioregions:
- IN THE TROPICS – Mollison introduces the basic principles, and shows results in Australia, India, and Zimbabwe.
- ARID LANDS – Reversing desertification in Arizona, Botswana and Australia.
- COOL CLIMATES – Europe, Tasmania, and the San Juan Islands in Washington State.
- URBAN – New York City and Harare, Zimbabwe.